Get a Free Quote
Fill Out Our Form Or Give Us a Call:
Guaranteed Lowest Rates!
*Quotes based on age, driving record, zip code, etc.
Shopping for motorcycle insurance can be a drag that will take up your whole day, if not longer. At IIS we make the process of finding motorcycle coverage in California easier. That is because we are not an insurance company, but an aggregator of providers.
That means that when you contact us to shop around, you are not just contacting one company. We will do the footwork for you, sorting through the many providers we work with to find the best, and usually the lowest rates for you.
When you use us to find find a good quality plan that works for you, you get the best of both worlds: you save time and money.
Why is Finding Motorcycle Insurance so difficult?
Drivers often wonder what determines the cost of their individual policies. California, with its motor vehicle obsessed culture, has more than its share of providers. On the one hand, this is a good thing, since the more providers there are, the better your chances to find cheap rates. This state, however, because it has so many providers, also poses some unique challenges for motorists looking for the lowest cost coverage. There are simply too many providers for the average person to sort through.
Not to mention, that it is not always easy to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges when sorting through rates given that they are written in the difficult to understand language of legal documents.
You also may wonder what determines your rates.
There are a lot of factors that go into determining the cost of your rates. Agencies take the following factors into account:
- Your DMV Record: Even if you don’t have any experience riding motorcycles, your driving record will play a big role in determining your available coverage and rates. Quotes always take your DMV record into account. Tickets and DUI’s will have a huge effect on your rates.
- Your Age and Experience: It makes a big difference whether you are 17, 37 or 87. Age has a lot to do with how high your rates are. Generally speaking, the younger you are the higher your rates. (Though of course, finding cheap coverage at 87 isn’t any picnic either.)
- Your Gender and Marital Status: Believe it or not, whether you are a man or a woman, and whether you are married or single makes a big difference as well. This is because companies track accidents according to these factors and have determined that single men are at greater risk for crashes. Middle-aged married women, on the other hand, have the lowest rates for this reason.
- Mileage: How much you drive also makes a big difference when it comes to finding coverage. California tends to be a very spread out state, so we drive a lot farther commuting to work and going about our business than drivers in other states. That raises our rates since the more miles you drive, the more likely you are to have an incident. That also means that if you are not intending on using your motorcycle as your primary vehicle, you should be sure to mention this to your agent.
- Off-Road Use: Along the same lines, if you intend to use your motorcycle as a dirt bike or for other recreational uses, you should mention this, as it will also affect your rates.
- Where You Live: Just as important as any other factor when determining the cost of your coverage, is where you live. Agencies track zip codes and determine the frequency of accidents and thefts in those areas. So if you are in a busy, high traffic area or an area where motor vehicles are often stolen, your rates are likely to be higher.
- Your Occupation: Even your occupation will affect the cost of your coverage in California. If you work in construction, for example, and park your motorcycle on construction sites or unattended in less than desirable neighborhoods, this can affect your rates as well.
Tips for Finding the best Rates in California
So how do you go about finding the best rates?
There are some factors that will help you find low cost coverage.
First, you should compare prices before buying. We will, in effect, do that for you, showing you comparisons between rates from different companies for which you qualify.
Second, don’t over insure yourself. Many providers will try to sell you more than you need. They will try to give you a policy that covers your bike for more than it is worth for example, even though you will only get the price of your motorcycle should it be stolen or damaged. We will help you to steer clear of being over insured.
Third, consider taking special DMV tests that show that you are a better than average driver, since these will help you lower the costs of coverage. California Department of Motor Vehicles offers a handful of these tests which will not only help you to be a safer driver but protect your pocket book as well. Fourth, have all of your documents ready so that we can provide you with the best service possible.
Out Pledge to You
For the reasons we have outlined above, you cannot do better than going with IIS when it comes to finding the best and cheapest quotes. Having us at your side is like having a knowledgeable friend looking out for your interests and helping you find coverage that best fits your needs. Don’t waste your time and money looking for coverage by yourself. Let us do the footwork for you so that you can take care of your own responsibilities and get on with your life.